Onyx is set in gold making it into a simple yet lovely pendant. Hanging on a mesh gold chain with magnetic clasp. So its easy for you to take on and off you neck.Supporting the Gospel in Mongolia
Designer Barbara Garwood carefully draws each design, considering the unique skills of the artisans and her inspiration from the Word of God. Her ministry supports over 60 artisans in Mongolia, who work exclusively for Barbara manufacturing these exquisite pieces. Because of the high amount of work required to produce each piece, and the desires of younger generations to find success in major cities, it is no longer possible to attract new artisans into the trade. Over the next ten years, it is expected that production of these fine pieces will become increasingly difficult.
While in Mongolia, Barbara takes the time to personally share the Gospel whenever the opportunity arises. By purchasing these pieces, you are actively supporting the spread of the Gospel in Mongolia. How the pieces are made
- Mongolian style filigree and enameled jewelry is handmade with a Russian and Chinese influence from the past 1000 year period of history
- The jewelry was made for the Mongolians originally and then filtered into what is now china. Eventually it was made during the 1700's for the Qing (pronounced Ching) Dynasty, only for the Empresses and its manufacturing was very limited.
- The technique utilized is similar to that used to make the original Faberg Eggs, which were made of Gold, Silver and Precious Stones. These pieces are Sterling Silver with semi-precious stones and some are 24Kt Gold Plated.
- The filigree work is hand fashioned with tweezers and the Sterling Silver wires are shaped into flowers, butterflies and other subjects. These completed compositions are fired in a kiln to approximately 1700F, to be fused together with silver dust. This creates the body of the piece to which the enamel colors and stones are added.
- The outlined designs are then filled with a very fine ground enamel powder. The colors are blended to create special effects and the pieces is once again subjected to the kiln at a temperature of 1500F for brief flashes of time. This turns the enamel into glass with a high gloss finish with permanent beauty. This is a testament to the ability of the craftsmen since the silver body could melt down and all the filigree work be lost.
- The last step is to set the stones and to 24kt gold plate or antique the piece. Barbara uses many unusual stones such as Chrysocolla, Rhodocrosite, Chrysoprase, Water Sapphires, Black Star of India as well as semi-precious stones such as Garnets, Lapis, Amethyst, Madeira Citrine, Onyx and Turquoise.
- Each artist has been extensively trained in the basic techniques and over time they become considered master craftsmen. Because the filigree and enameling skills are totally different abilities, an artist is trained in only one or the other. As a result some items require two artisans to complete a single piece.
We thank you for your support in spreading the Gospel to the people of Mongol
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 0.35" Width: 2" Height: 3.75"
Weight: 0.05 lbs.
Publisher Barbara Garwood
Availability 0 units.
Reviews - What do our customers think?
Be the first to write a review about Onyx Oval Pendant w/ Gold Chain
Add This Product Widget To Your Website
Looking to add this information to your own website? Then use our Product Widget to allow you to display product information in a frame that is 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.
Copy and paste the following HTML into your website and enjoy!